COVID-19, Trade Tensions, Turbulent Markets — Trouble for Wisconsin Ag
CEAS and Wispolitics.com are sponsoring an 11 June lunchtime panel discussion on how the trade war with China and Covid-19 are affecting Wisconsin agriculture. The panel will feature CEAS faculty, state policymakers and will be moderated by veteran farm broadcaster Pam Jahnke.
The event goes from noon to 1 p.m.
This event is part of the East Asia Now series of the Center for East Asian Studies (CEAS) at the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
- UW-Madison economist and CEAS faculty Ian Coxhead
- Dan Smith, president & CEO of Cooperative Network
- Sen. Janis Ringhand, D-Evansville, and a member of the Senate agriculture committee
- Cal Dalton, member of the board of United Wisconsin Grain Producers, an ethanol plant in Friesland, and a corn grower-cattle farmer from Endeavor
- Rep. Travis Tranel, R-Cuba City, a farmer and a member of the Assembly Agriculture Committee (invited)
Attending the event online is free, but you need to register in advance. Register here.