Struggles in Wisconsin Farm Country: the trade war, weather, and workforce issues.
This event looked at how the trade war with China, erratic weather, and workforce issues are combining to place additional stress on Wisconsin agriculture. These issues and others were addressed by a panel of experts, policymakers, and business people.
This event was part of the “East Asia Now” series organized by the Center for East Asian Studies, UW-Madison, and supported by a U.S. Department of Education Title VI grant. It was also part of the “Navigating the New Economy” series, organized by WisPolitics.com.
The panel was moderated by Pam Jahnke of Wisconsin Farm Report Radio. Panelists included:
- Brad Pfaff, Secretary of Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection
- Travis Tranel, Representative, Wisconsin 49th District
- Paul Mitchell, Director, Renk Agribusiness Institute
- Anna Landmark, award-winning cheesemaker and owner of Landmark Creamery
- Charles Irish, emeritus Professor of Law, UW Law School