COVID-19, Trade Tensions, Turbulent Markets — Trouble for Wisconsin Ag
CEAS and Wispolitics.com are sponsoring a 11 June lunchtime panel discussion on how the trade war with China and Covid-19 are affecting Wisconsin agriculture. The panel will feature CEAS faculty, state policymakers and will be moderated by veteran farm broadcaster Pam Jahnke.
This event is part of the East Asia Now series of the Center for East Asian Studies (CEAS) at the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
- UW-Madison economist and CEAS faculty Ian Coxhead
- Dan Smith, president & CEO of Cooperative Network
- Sen. Janis Ringhand, D-Evansville, and a member of the Senate agriculture committee
- Cal Dalton, member of the board of United Wisconsin Grain Producers, an ethanol plant in Friesland, and a corn grower-cattle farmer from Endeavor
- Rep. Travis Tranel, R-Cuba City, a farmer and a member of the Assembly Agriculture Committee (invited)